New Literacy Information for Child Care Professionals
Have You Renewed Your Membership?
The 2012/2013 membership year is now upon us.
Click here if you are an existing ACCA member.
New members click here for membership form.
Benefits Plan for Alberta Child Care Professionals
The Alberta Child Care Association and Co-operators Insurance have partnered to offer cost-effective health benefits for the employees of child care’s in Alberta.
Why should I offer a Group Benefits program to my staff?
· Benefits help attract and retain qualified employees;
· Benefits help foster a healthy workforce and improve morale, productivity, and efficiency;
· Expenditures toward group benefits plans are tax deductible as a business expense.
What are the advantages of offering Group Benefits through the ACCA Benefits Plan?
· Affordable: Capitalization on economies of scale to access cost-effective pricing;
· Comprehensive: Benefit options include prescription drugs (drug card) and other health benefits, dental, eye glasses, life and disability insurance, out-of-province/country medical, employee & family assistance program, etc.;
· Flexible: Customization of plan design;
· Easy: On-line administration and claims handling, cost-sharing arrangements.
Does my group qualify for coverage?
· Employees whose job is related to the delivery of child care services must be individual members of the ACCA;
· Must have 100% participation for eligible employees (the employee can define eligibility) with an ‘opt out’ clause with evidence of spousal coverage;
· A minimum of 50% of monthly premium costs must be covered by the employer.
How much does a Group Benefits plan cost?
· Cost will depend on a number of factors (plan design, group demographics, single vs. family coverage, etc.) but will start at an average cost of $100-125 per employee per month.
How do I receive a quote for my Group?
· To receive a quote, select either Option 1 or Option 2. You will be contacted shortly thereafter for additional information.
· Option 2: Complete the online form to submit your request electronically to Benefex Consulting Inc. You will be contacted for additional information. Online Quote Form
If at any time you have questions or concerns, please contact Kyle or Randy (Benefex Consulting) at 780-451-4476 (toll-free at 1-866-525-5055), or by email: email@example.com.